Thursday, May 3, 2007

I Went for a Two-Hour Walk and All I Got Were These Lousy Pictures



I woke Thursday morning and decided to go for a walk and find some breakfast. I had a very optimistic hope of finding that some expat had opened a French pastry shop, and I would enjoy a croissant and cafe au lait. I'm not always that bright. Anyway, about five minutes from my school is the city center. As you can see from this photo, it's a big, modern city with skyscrapers. There were a lot of people out, and I especially liked these old folks playing badminton:


And this week is the May Day holiday, or Wu Yi, so there were a lot of shows and dances going on:



I never found the pastry shop. Instead I had an icre cream cone for breakfast, 4 scoops for 3 yuan, or about forty cents.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Icecream for breakfast, Maggie you know this is my kind of place, lol.

Aunt Sara said...

Hey Maggie- I love reading about your adventures on the "other side"! I recently saw on the Today show that Kentucky Fried Chicken has more restaurants in China than anywhere else- so I am thinking that your lunches can be a lot healthier than your ice cream breafasts. Right. There is proabbly a KFC, or a Dunkin, at a street corner near you...

A2traveler said...

KFC is everywhere! The chicken's actually pretty good, and they keep the restaurants really clean. In an odd twist of east-meets-west, KFC is also on the expensive side, compared to restaurants in town.